The Bangor Area Recovery Community Coalition (B.A.R.C.C.) is a grass roots alliance supporting addiction recovery. We provide education and advocacy as part of the Bangor Area Recovery Network and we serve as a Health Advisory Team to the Bangor Public Health Advisory Board through its Substance Abuse Task Force.
Membership and participation in BARCC is open to the public. All stakeholders are encouraged to join us. BARCC meets the 4th Monday of every month from 5:30-7:00 PM at the BARN, 142 Center Street, Brewer, Maine.
BARCC’s Core Message:
- BARCC believes supporting recovery is a community responsibility.
- BARCC’s purpose is to reduce the stigma and discrimination associated with addiction.
- BARCC defines recovery from addiction as a process of change through which an individual achieves abstinence and improved health, wellness, and quality of life.
- BARCC celebrates and makes recovery visible to the community.
- BARCC embraces resiliency as the framework of recovery