BARN provides recovery resources and support to those in Eastern & Central Maine guided by the following:
To provide a sustainable and reliable community recovery center that supports the needs of people affected by addiction.
Four Pillars of the BARN’s Foundation:
- Recovery is a process
- There are many pathways to recovery
- Recovery overcomes shame and stigma
- Supporting recovery is a community responsibility
Our Guiding Principles:
- The BARN views addiction recovery from alcohol or other problems as a process of change through which an individual achieves abstinence and improved health, wellness, and quality of life.
- While all recovery is supported by BARN, the primary focus shall be to support and sustain recovery from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Fiscal responsibility is essential.
- While we recognize individual pathways to recovery, the principle of group conscience shall guide the organization.
- BARN insists on a safe, sober, and clean environment and maintains abstinence as a goal of recovery.
- Recovery is available and possible, for everyone. Love and tolerance are the forces guiding our efforts.
- Run by Volunteers
- Provides rental space for recovery meetings and /or events
- Not Affiliated with any singular recovery program such as AA, NA, or Al-non
- Safe place for people to grow in recovery
Six Ways You Can Support The BARN:
- Participate in BARN’s Activities and Events
- Become a Member
- Become a Volunteer
- Serve on One of BARN’s Committees:
- Operations-1st Monday of the Month
- BARCC- 4th Monday of the Month
- Development-2nd & 4th Thursdays of the Month
- Carry BARN’s message for recovery in the community
- Support the BARN with your generous tax-deductible Contribution
Become a Member
Dear Future BARN Member,
Be a part of the Change!
We offer the community a safe, chemical-free environment, which supports people in recovery. We have various events throughout the year. We love to celebrate and we do it in grand fashion. If there is a holiday, we will decorate for it. We have dances twice a month with D.J. Stu. We celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, & 4th of July BBQ. We have kids’ activities, including a Santa Visit, & Easter Egg Hunt.
BARN Members are able to be part of the governance.
BARN Members support the recovery community.
BARN Members receive electronic newsletters, and e-vites.
Thank you for your interest & support in our recovery community,
The Membership Sub-Committee
We are so grateful for our community partners! Their support is invaluable to BARN’s mission and to addiction recovery locally. We couldn’t do what do without their support and generosity. From giving financial support to offering their voices in the community, these organizations go above and beyond. To join with our partners and help advance recovery advocacy locally, please contact us.