BARN PEER SERVICES/RECOVERY COACH COORDINATOR JOB
Bangor Area Recovery Network (BARN) is hiring a PT 20 hour per week Peer Services/Recovery Coach Coordinator. The BARN is nonprofit with 501(c) 3 status providing a sustainable and reliable community recovery center that supports the needs of people affected by addiction. We are located at 142 Center Street in Brewer. The Peer Services/Recovery Coach Coordinator will report directly to BARN’s Board of Directors.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Expanding and developing the infrastructure for BARN’s role as a regional hub for peer addiction recovery support services through development and coordination of a recovery coaching program utilizing the Peer Support model
- Recruiting and training, retaining and supervising volunteers for BARN’s Peer Support/Recovery Coaching program.
- Implementing individual and group Peer Support/Recovery Coach services
- Implementing Telephone Recovery Support (TRS) to provide direct peer recovery support to individuals outside of the Bangor/Brewer municipalities
- Improving web site development and effective social media strategies to provide peer recovery support and recovery coaching beyond the primary catchment area of the Bangor/Brewer municipalities
In addition, the Peer Services/Recovery Coach Coordinator will provide community outreach for the BARN to raise community awareness of the BARN and establish resource networks for individuals and families served by the BARN, particularly in regard to removing recovery barriers related to access to healthcare, housing, employment, and education. The Peer Services/Recovery Coach Coordinator will also develop data collection and management systems to track service utilization and outcomes.
- Personal characteristics of maturity and professionalism with a sincere desire to work with recovering individuals and the recovery community. The successful candidate must have an appreciation and affinity for those persons in addiction recovery as well as an understanding of the recovery community. Due to the nature of this position, personal addiction recovery is required.
- Successful candidate will possess superior organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently, reporting directly to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors;
- Computer skills in word processing, database management, and social media;
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal skills;
- A valid driver’s license and access to transportation.
To apply for the position you may pick up an application at the BARN or request one via Sharon Fickett email at email@example.com. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume with their application.