BARN provides recovery resources and support to those in Eastern & Central Maine guided by the following:
To provide a sustainable and reliable community recovery center that supports the needs of people affected by addiction.
Four Pillars of the BARN’s Foundation:
- Recovery is a process
- There are many pathways to recovery
- Recovery overcomes shame and stigma
- Supporting recovery is a community responsibility
Our Guiding Principles:
- The BARN views addiction recovery from alcohol or other problems as a process of change through which an individual achieves abstinence and improved health, wellness, and quality of life.
- While all recovery is supported by BARN, the primary focus shall be to support and sustain recovery from alcohol and drug addiction.
- Fiscal responsibility is essential.
- While we recognize individual pathways to recovery, the principle of group conscience shall guide the organization.
- BARN insists on a safe, sober, and clean environment and maintains abstinence as a goal of recovery.
- Recovery is available and possible, for everyone. Love and tolerance are the forces guiding our efforts.
- Run by Volunteers
- Provides rental space for recovery meetings and /or events
- Not Affiliated with any singular recovery program such as AA, NA, or Al-non
- Safe place for people to grow in recovery
Six Ways You Can Support The BARN:
- Participate in BARN’s Activities and Events
- Become a Member
- Become a Volunteer
- Serve on One of BARN’s Committees
- Operations-1st Monday of the Month
- BARCC- 4th Monday of the Month
- Development-2nd & 4th Thursdays of the Month
- Carry BARN’s message for recovery in the community
- Support the BARN with your generous tax-deductible Contribution